Yes, friends the reports are true. Kevin DuBrow, the lead singer for 80's hair band Quiet Riot died over the weekend. He was 52. Some of Quiet Riot's hits include "Cum" on feel the noize" and "Bang Your Head (Metal Health)."
In honor of Dubrow, I thought I would list a few of my favorite 80's hair band memories...I had a strange affinity for the Eighties back in high school!!
- Listening to the "Monsters of Rock" mix compilation c.d. featuring, Posion, Ratt, Whitesnake, Great White, Night Ranger, Quiet Riot, Warrant, Twisted Sister, Judas Priest, Cinderella, Europe, Living Coulour, and More while riding in Kevo's '87 Blue Mustang Convertible 5.0
- Seeing Poison, Ratt, Great White, and L.A. Guns in concert at Blockbuster Desert Sky (now Cricket) Pavillion on the lawn for 4 Bucks. Highlights from the show included pyrotechnics, and C.C. Deville's nipples covered in electrical tape.
- Going with Nole and Adam to see Warrant play at Rawhide on Halloween. We all dressed up and waited 'til after midnight for them to play "Cherry Pie" much to the chagrin of our parent's (gotta love curfew baby). They also played "heaven" and a strange cover of a Lit song- what was the name of their one hit?
- Singing karaoke (I used to have this awesome pink and black "karaoke star" t-shirt from savers) with friends all throughout high school- and watching Dusty always belt out "Every Rose has its Thorn" by Poison.
- Singing as Billy Idol on "80's Spirit Day" with a cover band- we did White Wedding, I love rock and roll, you spin me, blue monday, whip it, and a few other classics. Tommy, the drummer even played an electronic kit....so good.
Ahhhh...so many memories....I would love to hear your fave 80's hair band memories, post 'em up in the comments!!!